Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jigs and Reels

Here are some jigs and reels. I am just learning how to do play DADGAD modal stuff to accompany to Irish tunes so bear with me...

Cooley's Reel / Miss Monaghan's / Ships are Sailing / the Drunken Landlady


I like these tunes together. No fancy stolen vacation videos from youtube accompanying this one...

The Mist on the Mountain, An Luaradain, Killavil



A nice set of tunes. They are the first that I learned from my fiddle teacher. They seem to fit together nicely. I don't have a camera. Video is, again, stolen from youtube. High seas!

Pipe Reel(s) - Alexander William McDonnell


I learned this from the Jerry Holland CD, "Fiddler's Choice." It sounds great accompanied by accordian, flutes...or pipes. Reedy stuff. There is the beginning of a second reel at the end that I am learning...I'm not quite there yet!

Cooley's Reel - Miss Monaghan's - Ships are Sailing - Drunken Landlady


This time I was able to make  video of this set.

Acre Woods - Fenella - Union Street Session




The first tune of this set I either remembered or wrote while visiting a beautiful acreage in the woods newly 'settled' by my partner's cousin and family. The other two I learned from Paul Cranford's Lighthouse recordings. They are Fenella and Union Street Session

Palm Sunday - Mist on the Mountain - An Lauraiden


No comments:

Post a Comment